The Centre for Maternal and Newborn Health and their partner The Global Fund is seeking a Senior Technical Officer to join the project team. To work on this joint project you must be a national of Ghana.
Based in Accra, Ghana (with travel to project locations as required)
For nationals of Ghana only
The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for research in tropical diseases. Through the creation of effective links with governments, organisations and institutions and by responding to the health needs of communities, LSTM aims to promote improved health, particularly for people of the less developed/resource poorest countries in the tropics and sub-tropics.
The Centre for Maternal and Newborn Health (CMNH) at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine offers unique expertise in using the rigorous discipline of research to inform teaching and technical assistance programmes to improve the health of mothers and babies globally.
• The Global Fund is funding the CMNH project, “Quality improvement of integrated HIV, TB and Malaria services in Antenatal and Postnatal Care facilities in Ghana”.
• The project aims to produce sustainable measurable improvements in the availability and quality of HIV, TB and malaria services integrated in ANC and PNC in selected health facilities.
• To support this commitment, we are seeking to appoint nationals from Ghana to join the project team.
• The Senior Technical Officer will be responsible for the strategic management and oversight of the implementation and evaluation of CMNH capacity building and technical assistance in Antenatal Care and Postnatal Care.
• A key element of the role will be to work in partnership with government and other stakeholders and lead the strategic planning and prioritisation of interventions for MNH, and the design and implementation of the project.
• You will lead and provide technical assistance aimed at building capacity of health care providers and the wider health system for MNH.
• You will also assist with dissemination of output of CMNH via writing of project reports, publications for peer reviewed journals, technical briefs and success stories.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Ideal candidates will possess MBBS or equivalent relevant degree as well as a Masters in a relevant subject (Public Health).
• It is also essential that you can demonstrate a working knowledge of Ghana with evidence of high quality assessment standards which will be supported in references.
• You will have demonstrable experience of providing high quality technical assistance,including at national/country level, in maternal and newborn health.
How to Apply
Please note that the online application process is conducted in English.
Closing Date: 22 October, 2017