URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With its non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
- Local Hire Only
- Hours: Full Time
- Location: Accra
- Length of Contract: One (1) year, renewable
- Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
- Reports to: Chief of Party
The USAID Systems for Health Project (July 2014–June 2019) is working with the Ghana Health Service to strengthen its efforts to reduce preventable child and maternal deaths, reduce unmet need for family planning, reduce childhood mortality and morbidity from malaria, and improve nutritional status for children under five and pregnant women. We are working to strengthen vital health system building blocks while promoting CHPS (community-based health planning and services), strategic behavior change communication, and targeted demand generation to maximize service delivery coverage.
University Research Co., LLC (URC) and its partners share the vision that, by 2019, Ghana’s health system will be sufficiently robust that the Government of Ghana (GOG) and its health workforce, in partnership with the communities they serve, will be able to sustain equitable access to, demand for, and use of high-quality, high-impact health services with reduced external support, especially in the five regions targeted by Systems for Health: Greater Accra, Central, Western, Volta and Northern.
The USAID Systems for Health Project is seeking for an experienced Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the incumbent will lead the project’s monitoring and evaluation efforts and serve on the project’s Expanded Leadership Team. He/she will lead the M&E team in collection, tracking, and analysis of data for the project in collaboration with GHS and technical staff. He/she will be responsible for ensuring project databases are maintained, contributing to required reports and ensuring both the validity and quality of data collected. He/she will carry out responsibilities in accordance with the USAID-approved Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Oversee the project’s M&E systems for reporting progress and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID regulations.
- Lead implementation of the project’s PMP and modifications to the PMP as needed.
- Lead the project’s efforts to improve data collection, analysis and use of key project indicators by Ghana Health Service, USAID and local partners, including support to increase the use of routine data for timely and effective decision making and planning.
- Play a pivotal role in the identification and sharing of data trends as well as the communication of this information to inform changes in program implementation.
- Provide oversight to the review and analysis of data as well as the preparation of reports in collaboration with the M&E team and other technical staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly performance reports with program staff and partners.
- Provide leadership to the project implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices.
- Supervise M&E Advisors and provide line supervision to M&E Specialists in the regions.
- Serve on the Systems for Health Expanded Leadership Team and ensure the central role of data in effective planning and decision making as well as to ensure results are effectively communicated to external audiences
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field
- At least 10 years’ of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of health projects
- At least 7 years of experience with large-scale USAID projects and developing and implementing performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of data management protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential
- Experience with data management and analysis in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Closing Date: 16/08/2017