Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Executive Director for all operational activities of the organization.
Main duties include:
- Directing, managing and providing substantive leadership for the formulation of the Organization’s Programme of Activities and Action Plan.
- Managing the sections within the Operations Division: namely Economics, Projects, Statistics, Library/Information and Council Secretariat.
- Managing the material and human resources of the Division and contributing to the overall management of the Organization.
- Assuming responsibility for the preparation and editing of documents for approval by the Executive Director.
- With the Head of Finance and Administration, contributing to the preparation of the Organization’s annual budget.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, preparing the agendas for and coordinating the meetings of the International Coffee Council and subsidiary bodies.
- Ensuring liaison and coordination with, and supplying information, guidelines and support to Member countries, non-member countries, other international organizations and the private sector.
- Assuming responsibility for the management of the Organization in the absence of the Executive Director.
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced university degree(s) in an appropriate discipline such as Economics, Business Administration and/or Management.
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar management position and in an international environment dealing with economic development matters.
- Proven professional competence in the Organization’s area of work, including knowledge of international development and macro-economics, and the coffee sector in particular.
- Experience in writing market reports, managing projects internationally and statistics.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential, with proven drafting and editing skills.
- A working knowledge of at least one of the other official languages of the Organization (Spanish, French and Portuguese) is desirable.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to lead and work effectively with a diverse team of people of different national and cultural backgrounds in an international setting.
- Ability to exercise initiative, take a methodical approach, work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Experience in computer systems and communications, including dealing with the media.
Duty Station: Accra
Closing Date: 8th August, 2017.
To apply visit the link below and apply online.