ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid seeks the services of a Communications / Public Relations Manager
The role exits to manage the information resources of ActionAid Ghana by facilitating effective communication between ActionAid Ghana and the external public and ensuring high brand visibility of the organisation at all times. The position also has responsibility to work with the regional programmes and the fundraising unit to build the organisation’s brand image for fundraising.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of ActionAid Ghana’s communications /public relations and campaign plans in line with the organization’s strategic direction and programme objectives.
- Develop, roll out and monitor ActionAid Ghana’s communication strategy to maximize public awareness/engagement, donor support, advocacy and social change
- Responsible for press releases, press statements and corporate positions on topical developmental issues
- Liaise with Senior Management Team to plan, develop, roll out documentation and brand profiling to increase public awareness, donors base, advocacy, and influence attitudes and behaviors.
- Brand and profile ActionAid Ghana as the “charity of choice” in Ghana to increase fundraising opportunities
- Monitor the quality of all reports and publication by ensuring that it meets ActionAid’s minimum communication standards
- Liaise with the Quality and Impact Assessment Manager and the Governance Liaison Officer to collate quarterly and annual reports.Identify potential events that ActionAid Ghana can participate in to raise visibility in line with our brand image as the “charity of choice”.
- Design and produce a range of public information and communication materials concerning ActionAid work and general development issues
Academic Qualification & Experience:
The candidate must hold at least 2nd Degree in Communications Studies and membership of relevant professional body with at least 5 years’ work experience in the development sector.
- Ability to develop communications strategy and plan
- Experience in website and social media management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with relevant stakeholders including AA International, local NGOs, INGOs and CBOs, Government departments and other agencies.
- Proven experience communication skills
- Experience in Editing of documents
- Proven experience in writing press releases and statements
- People management skills
- Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and developing others.
- Financial management
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Gender sensitivity
- Child sensitivity.
A three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions is applicable.
Application Forms should be downloaded from the AAG website: www.actionaid.org/ghana.
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to email@example.com or forwarded to:
The Head of HROD/ Administration, P.O. Box AN 19083, Accra-North. Tel: + 233 244 316 392 / +233 28 910 9560
Closing Date: 9th August, 2017.