The Accountant shall be responsible for providing accounting services to the Greater Accra/Volta Region Programme and support financial management and payroll processes in line with organizational policies.
- Manage payroll processes of staff
- Process salaries on monthly basis and extract appropriate reports for review and approval
- Maintain check register to track receipt and issuance of cheque books
- Receive relevant cash and cheques, provide receipts appropriately and ensure all cash received are banked as soon as possible in compliance with AAG’s financial policy
- Review Petty cash replenishment requests and advise on required amount
- Maintain petty cash for approved foreign currencies at approved cash levels to facilitate effective forex management
- Review partners’ work plan and financial reports and recommend appropriate action to management.
- Conduct quarterly expenditure verification of GARDP/VRDP and recommend appropriate action for addressing capacity gaps identified.
- Support capacity building of partners and non-finance staff on financial management.
- Review petty cash payments and classify costs appropriately and enter data in SUN
- Review petty cash replenishment requests and conduct cash count to confirm cash on hand
- Co-ordinate the finances of partnership funded projects by monitoring expenditure, utilization levels, prepare management accounts and donor reports.
Academic Qualification & Experience:
The Candidate must hold at least a Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance with 3 years’ experience in the Development sector and membership of relevant professional accounting body (ACCA, CIMA, ICA, CPA)
- Knowledge of financial management accounting
- Knowledge of budgets and budgetary control systems
- Experience in procurement and stores management
- Experience in using accounting software such as SUN, Query and Analysis
- Experience in payroll preparations and reconciliations
- Knowledge in auditing
- Knowledge in project contract management
- Gender sensitivity
- Openness and candour
- Detail orientation
A three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions is applicable.
Application Forms should be downloaded from the AAG website: www.actionaid.org/ghana.
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or forwarded to:
The Head of HROD/ Administration, P.O. Box AN 19083,Accra-North. Tel: + 233 244 316 392 / +233 28 910 9560
Closing Date: 9th August, 2017.
Duty Station: Accra.