Application Deadline: 14th September 2015
FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is the only youth-led fund focused exclusively on supporting global young feminist activism to advance social justice movements and agendas. FRIDA was created to bring new resources and new opportunities to young women and trans* youth globally. We believe that supporting young feminists is key to the expansion, rejuvenation and sustainability of women’s movements and organizations, both now and in the future.
The call for proposals intend to support up to 30 new young feminist groups led by young women and trans* youth under 30 years of age.
- Groups founded or led by young women or trans* youth (under 30 years) that are committed to:
- Advancing and defending women’s rights from a feminist perspective;
- Improving the lives of young women/trans* youth at local, national, regional or international levels;
- Inclusive organizing, collective action and feminist movement building
- Groups, networks, or collectives based in the Global South (Africa, Asia and the Pacific, The Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, Eastern Europe and Caucuses and Central Asia).
- Groups founded in the past 6 years (i.e. your group was formed between 2009 – 2015).
FRIDA uses the term ‘feminist’ broadly to refer to individuals working within women’s movements or in other social movements to promote and work towards the safety, equality, justice, rights and dignity of girls, women and other marginalized groups.
Priority will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups, networks, or collectives with little or no access to funding from larger donors.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are working on emerging or issues that have not received prior funding.
- Groups, networks, or collectives located in remote underserved areas.
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are diverse in their membership and made up of and/or working with socially marginalized young women especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban poor, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, women living with HIV/AIDS, sex workers, women with disabilities, women living in armed conflicts and post conflict zones.
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media etc).
Email your application to email@example.com
Fax/Mail your application to:FRIDA c/o The Association for Women’s Rights in Development 215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 150, Toronto, ON M5T 2C7 Canada For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the FRIDA Young Feminist Fund 2015