The High Commission of Canada in Accra is pleased to announce that it is accepting project proposals for Ghana under the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives exercise for 2017-18 Fiscal Year. Information regarding project eligibility, application procedures and the deadline for submission is found below.
Program: Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2017-2018
Recipient country: Republic of Ghana
Recipient country partners: Non-profit / non-governmental organizations only.
Eligible projects: Global Affairs Canada supports the on-going strengthening of human rights and democracy in Ghana.
Eligible projects must address one or more of the following 2017-18 priorities:
- Empowering women and girls and promoting gender equality, with a focus on preventing Child, Early and Forced Marriage (CEFM).
- Championing human rights, inclusive and accountable governance, democracy, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, with a focus on addressing discrimination against, and protecting the human rights of sexual minorities.
- Promoting action on the environment, including water and climate change.
The program especially considers projects promoting the participation of women and girls, as well as vulnerable groups.
- More comprehensive guidelines are available and can be provided by the CFLI coordinator upon request.
- Initiatives aimed at producing concrete results will be prioritized over sensitization workshops and training sessions with limited audiences.
- The project proposed should contribute to social reform and development.
- Materials and supplies required for projects should be locally procured wherever possible and feasible.
- All activities under an approved project should be completed by February 28, 2018.
- No project-related funding can extend beyond the end of the current Fiscal Year, i.e. March 31, 2018.
- Final reports must be received by March 17, 2018.
- Exchanges, such as bringing experts over from Canada or sending people to Canada to participate in training, are not eligible for funding. Feasibility studies are also ineligible.
- The Fund does not cover s salary of permanent staff of implementing organization not directly linked to the project.
- Assistance to individuals and private businesses are not provided.
- Proposals should be submitted in English by e-mail: to the Canada Fund Coordinator, Ms. Marian Tadefa-Kubabom: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: Ghana-CFLI@international.gc.ca by Friday, July 7, 2017
- Project proposal should reflect the following information: (1) name of an applying organization; name of a contact person, contact information (phone number, address, email address); (2) description why you decided to submit a proposal, what motivated you to raise an idea of a current proposal; (3) description of an idea, and justification of its urgency; (4) plan of realization of the proposal’s idea (will the applying organization realize the project by itself, or with partner – organizations); (5) expected result; (6) budget in Ghana Cedis (GHS): how do you plan to use requested funds, will you have your contribution to a project (if “yes”, how much, if “no” please explain)
For application forms (English), additional information, advice and assistance on how to make a submission please contact:
Ms. Marian Tadefa-Kubabom,
Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Coordinator (Ghana CFLI Coordinator)
ph : +233-50-4169896
High Commission of Canada